The Meat and Poultry Processing (MPP) RFA is now CLOSED.
The Northeast Extension Risk Management Education Center, in conjunction with the North Central, Southern, and Western Centers announces a competitive funding opportunity for educational projects designed to help workers and producers in the meat and poultry processing sector across the farm, processing and distribution levels to manage risk and enhance their performance and viability. Projects shall provide education and training for meat and poultry producers, processors, and distributors, which in turn will enable small-to-medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to make sound risk management decisions.
Funding/Awards: The maximum amount of requested funding shall not exceed $150,000 for 24-month projects to be conducted between June 1, 2023 and May 31, 2025.
A virtual applicant training webinar is currently being planned; more information will be forthcoming.
How to Apply
- RFA: Download and read the 2023 Northeast ERME MPP RFA thoroughly depending on your plans for submission.
- Resources: View the Application Resources which have been developed to help applicants prepare a successful proposal, and which provide a full explanation for every item requested in the application. Applicants are especially encouraged to utilize the Application Tutorial.
- Registration Information: If you are already registered in the RVS, skip to step 4. To register, use this link to access the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System. Select “Create New Account” and complete the form in order to create a new account. A registration confirmation containing a link back into the system will be sent via email. (If you do not receive the confirmation email within 15 minutes, please check your spam folder.) To complete your registration, visit the enclosed link.
- RVS: Login to RVS using your email address and password, which will take you to the “My Projects” page. To begin a new Application, select “Start New Project Application” to see all available funding opportunities. Click the “Northeast ERME” tab to see all Northeast funding opportunities.
- Category: Select the appropriate grant category (2023 ERME Meat & Poultry Processing Projects) and click “Apply for this Grant”.
- Enter the project information, including: Project Title; Project Director email, Institution Mailing Address, and Financial Contact. You will have the opportunity to edit or update this information once you have created the application.
- Complete each section in the Table of Contents on the left sidebar and follow the Instructions accessible on each page of the application via the question mark (?) icon.
Whenever you wish to continue working on your Proposal, return to the Extension Risk Management Education Results Verification System and login. Your active projects will be listed on the “My Projects” page. You may edit your proposal by clicking on the pencil icon.
Important Dates for Funding Process
Application deadline: January 26, 2023
Applicant notification: April 2023
Project period for successful applicants began: June 1, 2023
Questions or comments regarding the RFA may be directed to Laurie Wolinski (email@example.com) or Michelle McCullough (firstname.lastname@example.org).